Managed IT services offer multiple benefits and can be one of the most valuable technological investments you make as a business. But what is a managed service provider, and how can one help your organisation?
A managed service provider (MSP) provides various IT services to increase your business’s efficiency, cut costs and reach new levels of success using technology. While these may not be the specific goals of your company, they are but a few of the benefits that an MSP can offer, and reduced overheads and smoother processes can create the perfect environment to achieve your overall goals. As one of the top IT managed service providers in the UK, we provide bespoke managed IT services are essential for the growth and evolution of any company. It’s easy to understand why so many businesses work closely with MSPs to achieve their goals.
A managed service provider (MSP) offers various IT services to increase your business’s efficiency, cut costs, and reach new levels of success using technology. These are but a few of the benefits that managed IT support can offer, alongside reducing overheads and smoothing processes to create the perfect environment to achieve your business goals.
Here at ITRM, we are one of the top IT managed service providers in the UK, offering bespoke managed IT services that are essential for the growth and evolution of any company — regardless of sector or size. So it’s easy to understand why so many businesses work closely with MSPs to achieve their goals.
What is a ‘Managed Service’?
Before we delve in, it’s crucial to have a clear understanding of what a managed service actually is. The term ‘managed service’ is most often applied to IT support and refers to implementing valuable digital services by an IT professional. While the term traditionally referred to infrastructure or device-based services, it has now evolved to include continuous and regular maintenance, management, and support.
Managed IT support providers are responsible for deciding which service(s) will best suit a client’s needs before developing an effective, measurable IT strategy to get things moving.
Every business is different, so the managed IT services best suited to your company will vary. It’s the job of an MSP to use their knowledge and expertise to establish which services will benefit you the most and ensure that they are carried out with the utmost efficiency.
What can a managed IT service provider do for you?
Whichever tech-based service your business needs, a reputable managed IT service provider like ITRM should be able to point you in the right direction.
Although the most popular managed services in Europe and the USA in 2020 were hosting and backup, your business can access anything from consultancy to assistance with cloud computing. Browse our list of MSP-specific services below:
● IT Security: Data security has never been more critical for businesses. Safeguarding customers’ data is vital, and a breach has the potential to cause irreparable damage, not just to your bottom line but also to your hard-earned company reputation. IT security services offer the necessary protection to both handle and prevent cyber attacks of any kind.
● IT Consultancy: IT consultancy is where a team of specialists put together a bespoke game plan for using technology to reach new levels of success, along with an expert roadmap to ensure that the vision becomes a reality.
● IT Support and Services: Remote IT support provides your business with a 24/7 help desk for daily and more serious technical issues. Whether you need assistance with a frustrating internet connection or find it difficult to navigate new software, IT support is just a phone call or instant message away.
● Cloud Computing: Many of us already use the cloud personally and professionally. For businesses, cloud computing can increase productivity, cut costs, provide a flexible working environment, and encourage remote working possibilities.
● IT Advisory: No matter if you have the fastest internet connection, the latest software, and the most advanced technology on the market, without a high-quality IT strategy in place, you will always fall short of your full potential. An IT expert can provide vital insight and guidance to help you achieve your goals, whether it’s for a specific project or a roadmap for long-term success using IT.
● Network & Communications: Bespoke communications and network cabling services optimise your in-house internet and telecom connectivity, cost-effectively ensuring uptime.
● Website Design and Development: Modern businesses that want to succeed in the digital age need a website and active online presence. Both are crucial for establishing a business as a brand, attracting new customers, and becoming an authority in your industry.
● Network Cabling: Network cabling keeps your organisation connected at all times, but businesses often neglect it. Whether your employees, partners, and external support teams require access to your hardware or you want to introduce CCTV or video networking, an IT specialist can help you at every step.
● Relocation Support Services: Relocation services help clients, prospects, or intermediaries relocate to new office spaces. Whether you are moving to a bigger space and require more equipment and services or are downsizing to cut costs and need a simple yet efficient setup, an IT specialist can help you create the perfect space for your business.
What are the benefits of managed IT services?
In 2021 alone, the global managed services market was valued at over 160 billion US dollars, with this figure expected to exceed $300 billion by 2027.
There’s no denying the popularity of these services, so instead, we’ll explain why they’re such a no-brainer for so many businesses. There are plenty of benefits that drive thousands of organisations to hire an IT-managed service provider, including (but not limited to):
Peace of mind
Having an ongoing partnership with a professional IT support expert takes some of the pressure off. Should things go wrong, your organisation can rest assured that a managed service provider can help get your business back on its feet in no time.
Freedom to focus on your business
By recruiting managed IT support, you can delegate complex IT-related tasks to a professional to complete. This frees up your in-house staff to focus on delivering the best business service possible and frees up your own headspace, allowing you to devote more time to growing your business.
Expert help in record time
Having your own dedicated team of IT support experts on hand allows you to gain access to first-class IT solutions and advice without waiting.
Contact us for managed IT support today
If you’d like to learn more about how your business can benefit from managed IT services, get in touch today for a free no-obligation consultation. Or, for more strategic IT support insights for your business, browse through our blog.