Location: Sidcup, Kent
Working in an agency style environment, your day-to-day tasks will be varied and will include:
- Working with the Head of Web Design providing additional creative resource within the Web Design and Development team.
- Supporting and/or leading on the design element of client projects creating and presenting your ideas and producing beautiful site designs.
- Contributing to the creation of marketing materials for the whole of ITRM.
- Taking client requirements and developing these with the use of wireframes and styleboards through to visual concepts and final proofs.
- Providing an additional ‘think tank’ to brainstorm and develop creative ideas for both client and ITRM projects.
- Carrying out and supporting the HTML build of approved designs into site templates for integration into client applications
The work is varied and includes designing Websites, User Interfaces, Marketing Emails, Brochures, Client Logos, Corporate Stationery and much more. Although the vast majority of work in this role is for digital web and application based design, you will be required at times to assist in a creative capacity on print based projects.
Working with a strong team you will have the opportunity to get up to speed quickly and contribute to live projects straight away.
You will play an instrumental role in delivering the ITRM vision “To be the technology partner of choice solving all business challenges with innovative thinking. We build our relationships through honesty, integrity, understanding and absolute technical leadership.”
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Have 2-3 years commercial experience
- Have a solid portfolio of digital based design work
- Demonstrate a strong consideration to the user experience when designing websites and user interfaces
- Be confident in using Adobe Creative Suite (Especially Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Have a solid understanding of core design principles
- Have a solid understanding of designing for the web across multiple devices from mobile to desktop browser and everything in between
- Be confident to brainstorm and try new ideas
- Have a high attention to detail
Ideally you will have...
- Experience of using Sketch App and Inivision
- 3+ years experience of writing HTML & CSS
- 2+ years experience building websites using a “mobile first” approach
You will stand apart from the competition if you have…
- Experience building your CSS through SASS
- Experience working with NPM, Bower, Gulp
- A strong understanding of best practices in web page construction, i.e. a drive to build fast loading flexible front end code
- Hard working, driven and passionate (the team and company is in a stage of growth with aggressive long term targets)
- Creative with a keen eye for detail
- Sharp and well presented
- A professional and reliable individual
- Able to manage your own workload and be able to work to deadlines
- A highly professional ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to absorb and use feedback in order to develop the design towards the final outcome. We see our clients as part of the project team.
- An ability to learn new skills / techniques quickly and effectively
- A personal drive to improve yourself and others around you through proactive learning and an eagerness for ongoing improvement in quality of work
In this fast moving industry, the right candidate should be highly motivated and relish the opportunity to get involved in and lead multiple project designs, try new ideas and expand their knowledge. This is an excellent opportunity to position yourself at the heart of this creative and expanding web team.
The web design and development team is one of the core modules in ITRM’s business structure and as such key to upholding and benefiting from the business values… “We create an energetic, warm and welcoming place in which to work. We encourage individuals and teams to develop, feel recognised and rewarded in order to perform to their maximum potential. From all our efforts we aim to build trust, provide the highest quality of service to our customers and enhance the reputation of ITRM.”