Sales Operations Coordinator
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the primary function of the Sales Operations Coordinator is to enhance sales productivity through the delivery of best in class operational support to the sales team. This is a pivotal role within the organisation that will serve as an important aid to assist the Company achieve its strategic mission to be recognised as one of the UK’s top ten complete managed service providers (CMSP) in IT solutions and telecoms. Achieving £10m annual turnover with £5.4m gross profit by 2019.
The Sales Department is made up of a team of Account Managers, Business Development Managers, Telesales and Marketing & Communications Executives.
Based in Sidcup, the Sales team is responsible for the provision of IT services and support to 100+ clients across the UK. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with each member of the Sales department along with key members of our Business Operations team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of quotations
- Preparation of proposals and renewals
- Coordinating with technical teams and Business Operations for timely release of quotes, proposals and solutions
- Accurate and timely reporting of the sales performance in line with the business units processes to include sales forecasting, analytics and productivity
- Manage various projects as assigned and perform other special tasks as requested
- Preparing meeting notes and agenda for sales staff
- Updating sales figures and quote status
- Dealing with customer support and general queries
- Preparing telesales statistics and providing data
- Recording telesales pipeline and appointment data
- Preparation of sales team commission administration
- Take ownership of the validation and qualification of sales incentives
- Keeping track of the team’s Oyster card usage
- Keeping abreast of industry information to develop your own knowledge and insight of your area to drive improvements including people performance and process enhancement
- Ensuring all renewable services are dealt with quickly and effectively
- Coordination, application and documentation of tenders
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses within departments and make proposals to create value and increase operational efficiency
- Organising team training and development
- Providing training for new joiners to the team with Autotask and Quotewerks
- Championing the development of Sales process with Autotask and Quotewerks to improve and maintain data accuracy
- Contribute to sales process/methodology improvements and problem resolution
- Ensure good customer and business data e.g. account mapping, sales opportunity data and other process adherence
- General administration duties; filing, faxing, answering phones, diary management, updating client data in Autotask, maintaining sales processes
- Escalate any issues in a timely manner to the Sales Manager
Knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer
- Good overall knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent administration and organisation skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- At least 2 years’ experience of working within an administration role
- IT infrastructure, hardware and software knowledge
- Experience working within an IT or Voice Services organisation
- Good typing skills: 45 wpm
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development
- Strong ability to analyse data and draw conclusions
- Calm, helpful and efficient under pressure
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Great attention to detail
- Professional and reliable
- A clear and friendly telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to demonstrate a ‘customer first’ approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. You will also be expected to undertake duties which may not be listed on this job description as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
This role will report to the Sales Manager.
- Annual salary depending upon experience.
- Working hours are 08:45am until 5:30pm with occasional extended hours where required
- Contributory pension scheme (after 3 months service and successful completion of probationary period)
- Twenty days annual leave. On 1 January, following completion of 1 years’ service with the firm, your entitlement will increase to 21 days. The entitlement increases by a further day on 1 January following completion of 2, 3, 4 and 5 years’ service, giving a maximum of 25 days after 5 years’ service.