Location: Sidcup, Kent
With a full portfolio of new and existing projects including internal and external bespoke applications, client websites and online products; our team is expanding and we are looking for a confident and enthusiastic PHP Developer to join the team.
As a developer, you will be required to support the existing team, applying yourself to the full project lifecycle from analysis and specification through to system architecture, development and ultimate delivery of successful projects.
Working in an agency style environment, your day-to-day tasks will be varied and will include:
- Planning and working with the client and internal stakeholders to deliver web and application projects
- Architecting new projects
- Active Development on new and existing projects
- Creating project scopes, costs estimates and documenting projects
- Running projects and providing leadership to the development team
Working with a strong team you will have the opportunity to get up to speed quickly and contribute to live projects straight away.
You will be dedicated to ensuring application development discipline and good practice is followed at all times.
You will play an instrumental role in delivering the ITRM vision “To be the technology partner of choice solving all business challenges with innovative thinking. We build our relationships through honesty, integrity, understanding and absolute technical leadership.”
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Solid knowledge and experience of OOP principles and technologies
- Minimum of 3 Years commercial PHP Experience
- Minimum of 3 Years commercial MySQL Experience
- Solid and Proven MVC commercial Experience (Inc. Laravel and CodeIgniter)
- Experience of working in a LAMP Stack
- JSON / XML Knowledge
- Minimum of 1 years experience using GIT Source Control system in a commercial environment including driving best practice with GIT flow
- Package Management Experience (Composer, NPM, Bower)
- Commercial experience in Application Testing (Inc. unit testing / TDD)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Client communication experience
- System architecture and estimation experience
- Solid Experience in a similar Lead Developer role
- Automated Testing (Selenium or other tools)
- Experience of NoSQL Databases
- Knowledge of another server side language (e.g. Node, Python, Ruby or Java)
- Google and Social Web API experience
- Relevant degree or similar level of principal knowledge
- Experience of running projects
- Leadership experience
- confident and pragmatic
- smart and creative
- sharp and well presented
- driven and passionate
- a professional and reliable individual
- a highly professional ‘can do’ attitude
- a personal drive to improve yourself and others around you through proactive learning and an eagerness for ongoing improvement in quality of work
- leadership qualities
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- an ability to learn new skills / techniques quickly and effectively
In this fast moving industry, the right candidate should be highly motivated and relish the opportunity to get involved in and lead multiple projects, try new ideas and expand their knowledge. This is an excellent opportunity to position yourself at the heart of this creative and expanding development team.
The web development team is one of the core modules in ITRM’s business structure and as such core to upholding and benefiting from the business values… “We create an energetic, warm and welcoming place in which to work. We encourage individuals and teams to develop, feel recognised and rewarded in order to perform to their maximum potential. From all our efforts we aim to build trust, provide the highest quality of service to our customers and enhance the reputation of ITRM.