1st Line Support Analyst
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, your main duties will be to ensure the progression and swift resolution of calls logged with the Service Desk and delivering superior services in line with Service Level Agreements and managing client expectations
As an analyst on the Service Desk, you will act as the first point of contact for customers to report incidents and log service requests relating to their local infrastructures and services. The primary objective of the role is to provide first time resolution, achieved by troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving problems at the first point of contact and/or escalating the fault to one of our specialist teams to investigate and resolve.
Throughout the process, you will remain the single point of contact with the customer, maintaining ownership of the original fault and acting as the main point of contact between the customer and ITRM, and will providing timely updates, ensuring the fault is assigned the correct level of priority and attention.
This is a demanding support position, which calls for excellent customer service skills, the ability to articulate solutions clearly and confidently to end users and possess a broad technical knowledge across a range of technologies.
- Administering and supporting the customer’s infrastructure
- Delivering first line support
- Acting as the first point of contact for customers
- Demonstrating the ability to troubleshoot and resolve support issues within agreed SLA
- Providing regular, clear communication to customers
- Diagnosing and resolving incidents to the customer’s satisfaction
The IT Service Desk is made up of a team of engineers covering all support tiers and abilities, from junior 1st line apprentices through to technical consultants.
The Service Desk, based in Sidcup, is responsible for the provision of IT services and support to 100+ clients across the UK. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the Sales and Account Managers, Consultancy, Business Operations and other members of the IT team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Handle customer incidents and service requests in a professional, courteous manner over the phone and via email
- Take ownership of incidents and managing them in a logical and methodical manner
- Correctly logging incidents, problems and service requests, categorising and prioritising them in laine with team procedures
- Conducting full and thorough diagnostics with end users to enable first point of contact incident resolution
- Ensuring all faults are progressed and resolved within SLA, escalating to other internal and external teams as appropriate
- Managing incidents and requests through their entire lifecycle from the first point of contact through to resolution, proactively keeping the customer informed of progress
- Diagnosing and resolving incidents to the customers satisfaction
- Identify and escalate repeat issues or service risks to the Service Desk Manager where necessary
- Manage a number of scheduled tasks for customers, designed to ensure that the customers systems remain operational
- Keep operational documentation up-to-date
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7+
- Basic knowledge of user administration (Active Directory, Exchange/Office365)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Good understanding of workstation builds and configuration
- Hardware troubleshooting
- A strong desire and focus on continued improvements and personal development
- A desire to be part of an overall team and achieve team goals
- To continually strive to improve overall firm effectiveness
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- A clear and friendly telephone manner
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to demonstrate a ‘customer first’ approach to support
- Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required
- Strong communicator
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required. You will also be expected to undertake duties which may not be listed on this job description as directed by your line manager which will be deemed as reasonable within the scope of the role.
This role will report to the Service Desk Manager.
- Annual salary depending upon experience.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- Working hours are 08:45am until 5:30pm with occasional extended hours where required
- Contributory pension scheme (after 3 months service and successful completion of probationary period)
- Twenty days annual leave. On 1 January, following completion of 1 years’ service with the firm, your entitlement will increase to 21 days. The entitlement increases by a further day on 1 January following completion of 2, 3, 4 and 5 years’ service, giving a maximum of 25 days after 5 years’ service.